THE YAMAHA FOUR STROKE VMAX SHO IS OUTPERFORMING ITS TWO STROKE COMPETITORS
- Quicker—up to 13% faster hole shot than competitive two strokes
- Stronger—4.2 liters of big-bore four stroke displacement
- Smarter—up to 12% better fuel economy
- Lighter—only 505 pounds (dry weight)
Advantages of Yamaha Outboards
1. Quiet Running: Exhaust is routed through a maze before exiting above the waterline through the idle exhaust relief outlet, reducing noise.
2. Straight Tracking: Specially contoured, its high performance lower unit features a curved skeg design for smooth handling, straight tracking and enhanced control.
3. Charging Power: It delivers 46 amps at 1,000 rpm and 50 amps between 2,500 and 6,000 rpm—the power you need to run today’s wide array of onboard devices.
4. Ventless Series: Propellers Developed specifically for the V MAX SHO, these props are designed to harness their power for great acceleration, high top-end and excellent performance and handling.
5. Reliability: An Air Intake Labyrinth System traps and drains water that enters the cowling during normal operation, before it enters the engine’s intake.
6. Better Cooling: Forward-mounted water inlets on both sides are significantly larger than those on the V MAX Series 2, keeping the engine cooler, for maximum durability and power.
7. Protection and Power: Its exhaust pressure reduction system keeps the propeller hub cooled from hot exhaust and forces gases out during critical hole shot and acceleration phases.